Tuesday, March 06, 2012

The Office

I moved my office over the weekend. I actually had my office in the room over the garage that we refinished four years ago, but never used it. It just wasn't in a good place for me -- really isolated, no door and you had to walk through the master bedroom to get there, so in the morning I'd have awakened DH to work.

I spent the last four years working primarily at the dining room table and used the office for storage.

This made DH just a little crazy. Okay, a LOT crazy. I told him if I had my druthers (I love that non-word) I'd move the office to the spare bedroom and make my old office into a craft area. So I'm working on that.

The critters are terribly confused. We had a routine, the cat, the dog and I. They knew where to sit, what to do. Now they don't. In the morning, it's not a problem for the dog. She used to go crash on the spare bedroom bed when I got up anyway. But the cat? Yesterday morning she kept coming upstairs and then YOWLING at the top of her lungs. I tried letting her into the room. That didn't work. Chased her downstairs. That didn't work. Three times she came upstairs and YOWLED. So I locked her back up in the basement.

This morning I brought her into the office and closed the door. She's not settled at all, is pacing and sniffing. But she's NOT yowling, so I'm happy.

I'm not settled in yet. I prefer working at the dining table, and if DH wasn't part of the equation, I would be. It's more practical and easier for me to multi-task. But he is part of the equation, and I'll figure it out.

Where do you work?

==================

Speaking of Office Space ... here's my favorite scene (it's poorly recorded but I quote this regularly):



Have a good day!

====================

7 comments:

MJFredrick said...

I have a perfect room for an office--big window overlooking the backyard, perfect space, etc. I can't work there because it's isolated. I hate being away from everyone. So I work on my laptop, mostly in the big chair in the back room by the window, and in the evenings on the chaise in front of the TV.

Angelina Rain said...

Your kitty will get used to it and she'll be comfy in your office with you.

I work at my kitchen table or living room couch. The little apartment in my mom's basement (I can't afford a real place right now) is very small so I can't make an office.

Brandy said...

Since I don't work, per se, I don't have a dedicated space. However, for schoolwork we do use the kitchen table.

The kitty will eventually get used to the change, they just don't like any change to their routines. Stubborn that way. *g*

I hope you have a nice day!

Dru said...

I work in an office building and we don't have cubicles. My neighbor sits a mere 6 inches from my space. There is no such thing as privacy. I'm use to it now.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I work all over the house. Right now I'm at the dining room table too. But I'm talking to hubby about converting one of the bedrooms to an office space for me--er, us. :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

PS. I LOVE Office Space--especially when they're interviewing Michael Bolton. LOL

Maria Zannini said...

I have an office that I called dibs on when we had decided to buy this house. It's roomy with floor to ceiling windows and a doggie door so I can keep an eye on the boys when they go out.