Thursday, February 09, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Tory asked me Tuesday if I'd seen the video of the dormouse snoring. I hadn't, so went off to look. I have a soft spot for rodents, so this was definitely an "awww" video:



I've been looking for stock pictures for "Now and Forever". It's amazing how hard it is to design your own cover -- I have much greater empathy for the cover artists now, though I wonder: is it harder or easier to design a cover for a book you haven't read?

I've been trying to write as well, but am having a tendency to flit between stories and, as a result, am getting little actually accomplished. I need to settle on one, I suppose.

Other than than, things are pretty quiet. That's a good thing...

===================




You Are a Carrot Cake Cupcake



You are a complex person. You have many interesting layers to your personality, though others might not know it.

You are drawn to a cross section of people. You friends play different roles in your life.

You are like a cupcake because you are are deceptively simple. There's actually a lot to you!

There are many ingredients in your life, and you only want them in proper amounts. Being you is a delicate art.



Hmmm.... maybe 50/50.

3 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I think it takes longer to find the right stock image than it does to design the cover. Oy!

Good luck.

Brandy said...

Don't authors usually have to fill out a "facts" sheet for the cover-art department for books? I would worry that for someone who has read the book that there would be an issue with too many details that they would want on the cover.
The dormouse is adorable.
Wishing you the best on your cover selection!

Tori Lennox said...

I just love that dormouse video so much! :)