Thirteen First Lines To Stories I've Written (published and WIPs):
1. Corinne Weathers, Cori to her friends and family—but not to her very proper cooking class teacher, Micah DePalma—gave a squeak of fear at the flames creeping up her apron. ("Kitchen Matches")
2. It wasn’t going to happen, not by tomorrow morning anyway. ("A Change of Heart")
3. A line on the switchboard buzzed at the same moment Lizzie Scott glanced at the clock. ("Don't Fence Me In")
4. “Disgusting.” Cass Edwards wrinkled her nose against the stink. ("Magic")
5. Millie wiped down the counter and tried to keep from looking at the clock for the hundredth time that night. ("Miles From You")
6. “Come on, Mommy. Let's go!” Melinda's feet shuffled in place while she tried to drag Sarah off the motel room bed. ("Now That We've Found You")
7. Her obsession started innocently enough. ("Pregnancy Cravings")
8. Nothing good ever happened at Christmas. ("The Christmas Curse")
9. Tina Springfield knelt in the dark loam and nipped a dead blossom off her Veteran’s Honor rose bush, pleased with the remaining buds’ classic shape and deep red color. ("Tickle Fights and Barbecues")
10. Liv Leigh tugged a faded Boston College sweatshirt over her head, careful not to dislodge the wig covering her platinum blond hair. ("One Love for Liv")
11. Geoff Quigley stood on the sidewalk on a gorgeous, fairly warm May day and stared at his dream house. ("A Jewel for Geoff" - sequel to "One Love for Liv" and a WIP)
12. “Why can’t Micah do this with you?” Zach Weathers grumbled at his sister, Cori as she dragged him through a door with fluffy white curtains and into hell--otherwise known as Now and Forever Wedding Planning. ("Now and Forever" sequel to "Kitchen Matches" and a WIP)
13. No one deserved to be beaten to death. ("Return to Stiller Creek" - a complete novel in edits)
In other news, we saw what was either a female tiger swallowtail or a black swallowtail yesterday. Usually tiger swallowtails are yellow with black markings, but the females occasionally color themselves in what looks remarkably like a black swallowtail. If the critter had let me hold it, I could have told the difference, but they're funny about that, lol.
It's supposed to rain pretty hard here today, but we'll start looking for butterbabies anyway. and, I need to buy parsley to give them a second choice of food.
I love Pillars.
You Are Kind
You have a broad perspective on life. You are very understanding and forgiving.
You prefer a quiet, peaceful existence. You don't like noise in your head - or in the world around you.
For you, there's no such thing as too much calm. Having time to think is a gift that you treasure.
That's pretty close to correct, except the forgiving part. I have a tough time with grudges, lol...