Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting. ~Author Unknown
Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete. ~Marcy DeMaree
What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani
Because DD and I can't celebrate with our fave grandparent today, we want to wish my mom/DD's gramdma a happy Grandparent's Day.
* She saw DD born and actually held her before I did.
* As a toddler, DD called her "Guh" for the longest time.
* She taught DD to cross stitch and was the first to help her plant seeds.
* DD's first sleepover was at Grandma's house -- even though it was only over our garage.
* She shared nearly every moment of the first eight years of DD's life and it made an impact.
And we miss having her nearby.
Happy Grandparent's Day, mom!
Rafting on the New River
1 hour ago