"Take chances. You will succeed if you are fearless of failure."
- Natalie Goldberg
First: I sent in my query and synopsis for "Return to Stiller Creek" to my editor at Samhain. We'll see what she has to say (((fingers crossed))).
Second: Jennifer Shirk tagged me on this meme (don't worry, I'll get her back someday when she least expects it). I'm pretty sure I've done it, but it's been a while, and I most likely have more than six quirky things to write about. I know. Shocking... but true!
Here are the rules:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
List 6 unspectacular quirks you have.
Tag 6 bloggers by linking them.
Leave a comment on each person’s blog to let them know they’ve been tagged.
Here are my quirks:
1. I hate being breathed on. I bring this up first, because I'm wearing a V-necked shirt and the way I've been sitting at the computer (and breathing through my nose), I've been BREATHING ON MYSELF. ACK! I can't stand being breathed on... ever, by anyone. I finally buttoned up my sweater all the way to my throat. And, yes, changing was just too much work. I will probably never wear this shirt without a turtleneck again, however.
2. I don't like fruit in my chocolate (or chocolate with my fruit). Chocolate-covered cherries? Yuck. Strawberries dipped in chocolate? Never. I love fruit, and I love chocolate... just not together. Ever.
3. I'm a nut about order. I alphabetize my CDs, my books and pretty much anything else I can put in alpha order. My DD cleaned and rearranged my spice cabinet and I can't STAND it. Eventually, it will have to go back to the way it was. She also did the silverware drawer, and now all the big, loose stuff that doesn't fit in the organizer is on the RIGHT hand side, and it's always, ALWAYS (!!!) been on the left. Dear heavens, I may lose my mind right this minute. You should see what I do when DH puts the salad dressing on the shelf in the refrigerator. Does he not remember that HE GOT IT FROM THE DOOR????
4. I am a compulsive weeder. Even today, as I sat on my neighbor's front steps while our dogs played, I had to pull up the small tufts of grass that had the audacity to grow between the bricks of her walkway. It's a disease. I can't help myself.
5. I won't answer the phone if I don't know who it is. Period. So, if you call me and you have a private phone number, you'd better leave a message if you want me to pick up. Just saying.
6. I'm very nearly always cold. I think I've been well and truly warm six days this year. I've never slept on top of the covers ... not even once, though I will be honest and say that may be partly because I don't like being breathed on and the covers keep that from happening. But also, because I'm cold. Always.
Who to tag? Who's bored? If you're bored, and you need something to blog, choose this! And then tell me, so I can come see....
I believe I have Linden Loopers on my Bailey's red dogwood...
I probably should kill them... but I just can't. And, hey, the leaves are going to die soon anyway, right?
We had a mass monarch migration today, too... bunches and bunches of them stopping at these yellow wildflowers that aren't goldenrod, but look an awful lot LIKE goldenrod (except the flowers aren't droopy). DD stood amongst them and held really still in the hopes one would alight upon her. Alas, none did. But I don't think I've ever seen her hold still that long!
It'll be sad when all the critters are dead, gone or sleeping...