I tried, I really did, to work on editing my novel "Playing House" yesterday. I opened it two or three times, even got as far as rereading the first chapter (which has already been edited) and opening the second (which I sent off to THREE people almost two weeks ago and never heard back from them -- and now all my writing friends are wondering if it's them... it probably is, and don't you feel bad??), but I just couldn't quite motivate myself.
I've gotten out of the writing habit. Shame on me.
So tomorrow, I promise I will write. I will either edit that blasted chapter or write at least 500 new words on my short story "Kitchen Matches". I will. I will. Because I'm in a slight lull right now, and should be taking advantage of it.
Instead -- I spent time today... are you ready?... READING. **gasp**
Even worse, it wasn't something I had to do for LASR , it was simply because it was something I really wanted to read.
Of course, it IS a romance of sorts so I will most likely review it, but still... I felt a little selfish and ... decadent. It was nice.
But today? No. More. It's back to work, nose to the grindstone, shoulder to the wheel, various other body parts against other round moving objects.
What are you up to today?
Have you entered my BAFABW contest yet? Today is the LAST day! Good luck to the entrants and I'll announce the winner tomorrow. Speaking of contests, I added another great one from Catherine Kean to the author free giveaway contests on LASR. Check it out.
And now, I give you something that might make you smile (I hope) -- it worked for me!
AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES============================
1. If you are choking on an ice cube simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat. Presto! The blockage will instantly remove itself.
2. Avoid cutting yourself slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold while you chop.
3. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by using the sink.
4. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.
5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you will be afraid to cough.
7. You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
8. Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
|Your Scent is Lemon|
Vivacious, tangy, and lively
You are one gigantic ball of energy!
First lemon meringue pie, now this... do you suppose the universe is trying to tell me something?