Sorry for the late post... something was wrong with my internet connection this morning, and I'm only just now able to get online. Urgh. That was really frustrating!
BTW, I'm writing this blog entry on .... MY LAPTOP!! Yay. In the SUNLIGHT!! Yay, again.
Judy did the work and found this for me :-)
- First job: aside from babysitting, when I turned sixteen I was a hostess at The Old San Francisco Express in Rancho Cordova, CA. They had THE BEST minestrone soup, and the cook, Tony, wouldn't give anyone the recipe. When the owners sold the restaurant, Tony left and took the secret with him. The soup was never the same again.
- First screen name: Well... I don't mean to be rude, but that isn't common knowledge folks because it's the one I still use. Sorry.
- First funeral: Despite the fact that my father died many years ago, I've never been to a funeral. He had cancer, and so set everything up ahead of time with a place called The Neptune Society -- they collected his body, cremated him and sprinkled the ashes at sea. From this experience, I now know I will NOT do this. As strange as it sounds, I really wish I had somewhere to "visit" my dad. It makes it even harder for me to not have somewhere to sit and talk to him. And, no, the ocean doesn't count.
- First pet: The first pet who was all mine was my cat, Misty. Right up until my stepfather shot her. Yes, on purpose. No, not going to talk about it anymore.
- First piercing: My ears. At fourteen (well, actually, it was about a week before my 14th birthday -- as a surprise, my mom let me do it as a Christmas present instead of waiting until January for my birthday).
- First tattoo: No. Way. You see, this involves needles. And no, it's not the same as having your ears pierced.
- First credit card: A Shell Oil gas card when I was seventeen. Then a Macy's card. I charged a little and paid it off every month to build my credit. My mom told me that good credit is the most important part of your finances, and I never forgot it.
- First kiss: Darren (someone whose last name I have forgotten) -- when I was five, I think? I was "Little Miss Roddy" and he gave me my crown and kissed me. I was in love with a capital L. A few weeks later, when I was sick, he gave me a gift -- a little Avon solid perfume in the shape of a skunk. I wonder where he is now?
- First enemy: Diane McClellan in fourth grade. We got into a big old bruhaha and she threatened to beat me up. I was scared to death for about a week. Then I realized I was a foot taller and twenty pounds heavier than she was.
- Last car ride: Yesterday, coming home from errands: Library, Target, WalMart (I'm trying to find a swim shirt for my DD... I have an issue with dressing children in bikinis, you know?).
- Last kiss: Last night, from the DH. Or maybe it was this morning from the dog...
- Last movie watched: Oceans Eleven
- Last beverage drank: Still drinking it -- coffee with chocolate soy milk. Yum.
- Last food consumed: Dry roasted peanuts -- one of my biggest vices.
- Last phone call: My mom, calling me to tell me that she had some food for me. She lives upstairs over my garage. And, yes, we do phone each other. Don't laugh.
- Last time showered: Last night.
- Last CD played: Women of Faith
- Last website visited: Blogger, of course. Before that? Gmail.
- Single or taken: Taken
- Gender: Female (and why is this under "now"? Are they supposing I was a male last week? Though, I suppose it is possible...)
- Birthday: January 11th
- Sign: Capricorn, with Gemini rising
- Siblings: Three brothers and two sisters.
- Hair color: Brownish auburn, with a bit more gray than I'd like.
- Eye color: Brown
- Shoe size: 9 1/2 -- yes, I know they're big, but I'm tall. If they were smaller, I'd fall over.
- Height: 5' 9 1/2"
- Wearing: Clothes. Okay, my jammies. Which are actually clothes -- leggings and a t-shirt.
- Drinking: Didn't we just cover this? Coffee, with chocolate soy milk.
- Thinking about: Why this meme asked me the same question twice.
- Listening to: Nothing except the computer hum. I can't listen to music and think at the same time. It's the only multi-task I can't seem to manage.