I've been thinking about goals -- who hasn't? Even if you're determined to not set goals for yourself, the idea is still out there, everywhere you look.
I've spent much time trying to set ambitious yet achievable goals in both my professional (writer) life and personal (mom/wife) life. It's a tough balance, and I'm still not certain I've found it.
Still... here's what I've got (I have, in the interest of privacy - I'm still a little shell shocked from yesterday - omitted a few):
2006 Writing Goals
1. Submit one short story every other month to Womans World Magazine.
2. Submit one short story every month to other short story publishers.
3. Finish and query one or more novels (All WIPS are within the realm of possibility).
4. Enter RWA contests - one every other a month
5. Get a laptop or Alphasmart so I can get myself out of the mushroom pit occasionally.
6. Hone the craft. Take a class every 2-3 months, either WVU or elsewhere.
7. Write at least 250 new words every day (thanks, C - swiped this from you!)
2006 Personal Goals
1. Do weekly meal planning - fixing dinner is my biggest stressor.
2. Make a specific budget and stick to it!
3. Find more fun ways to homeschool DD & select curriculum for next school year.
4. Exercise at least three times a week.
5. Keep the house better - it's the small things that add up.
How long before I hear about my query?
22 minutes ago