I haven't had much time for writing anything the past couple of days -- real life intrudes. Ugh.
So as a treat, my mom decided to take my daughter for a good part of the day. They're going shopping for some crafty stuff and making a stop at Barnes and Noble, then it's off to Grandma's house to "do" a craft. This leaves me several hours, during which I have been instructed to WRITE.
I find myself, instead, moping around missing my daughter instead. Funny how she drives me crazy when she's underfoot constantly, but when she isn't I keep looking for her around every corner.
She's been gone almost an hour. Here's what I've accomplished in that time:
1. Ate lunch. I have to admit it was kind of nice to just eat whatever I felt like eating and not take her needs into account.
2. Read a chapter of HP6. Is it sacrilegious to say that I'm kind of bored so far? I'm four chapters in, and I have to force myself to keep reading. I'm hoping it gets better.
3. Fed the dog. She was very grateful and rewarded me with sloppy dog kisses.
4. Discovered that Jennifer Crusie has updated her website and started a blog! Jenny C. is my hero. I want to be her when I grow up...
5. Decided that Jed (the hero in my WIP) must have an unusual pet. I started with the idea of giving him a snake, but couldn't stand having him feed it other animals. So, I've settled on a pig. Named Arnold. Here's the $64,000 question - and no, I haven't adjusted for inflation -- where did I get the pig's name? Anyone, anyone... Bueller?
6. Updated this blog.
Okay, okay... I have all the feedback from my wonderful, wonderful writing bud's (Thanks to P & R from TT and C from MM) and must now get to work on my contest entry.
Or maybe I'll just eat dessert and pace the house until my daughter returns.